Morningside Baptist Church
Morningside Baptist Church (MBC), established in 1952 and located in Columbus, GA,
is seeking God’s direction to fill our Senior Pastor position.
Our mission is to know Jesus Christ and to make Him known.
Our authority is the Bible.
Our Lord is Jesus Christ.
Our power is in prayer.
Our passion is to share the Good News.
Our commitment is to make disciples.
Our heart is in meeting needs.
Our desire is to be relevant.
Full-Time (Salary: Based on Experience and Education)
Location: Columbus, GA
We desire that our Senior Pastor be a man called by God that believes the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God and uses that belief to love God, love others, and to make a difference. He should have a passion for preaching God’s Word; reaching the lost; exhibiting an expressive love and joy for Jesus and people in discipling and growing the members of the church; and be committed to being thoroughly biblical in all aspects of his teaching and living in order to lead by example.
At MBC, we actively put families first with very active children, youth, and student programs; as well as, vibrant Bible Fellowship (Sunday School) groups and Men’s, Women’s, Widow’s, and Missions Ministries. Our church also operates a preschool during the school year that creates ministry opportunities to those in our community. Our 2017 average worship attendance was 433, and Bible Fellowship involved an average of 404 each week.
Columbus, GA, is the third largest city in Georgia and is located in west central Georgia on the Chattahoochee River. Located 100 miles southwest of Atlanta, it is surrounded by the communities of Fort Benning, GA, to the south; Midland, Hamilton, and Waverly Hall, GA, to the north; and Phenix City, AL, to the west; with a metropolitan area population in excess of 305,000. Columbus contains approximately 200 Christian churches, with the Southern Baptist Convention being the largest denomination by number of churches.
- Degree from an accredited seminary is required. Master’s Degree or higher is preferred.
- Must be a licensed, ordained Baptist Minister.
- At least 5 years of Pastoral/Associate Pastoral/Senior-Level experience with multiple staff members is preferred.
Compensation: The salary for the position of Senior Pastor will be commensurate with the education, experience, and background of the selected candidate.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.morningsidebaptist.com/pastor-search to view our drone-created, aerial view of the MBC campus, which includes the spacious Sanctuary, multi-purpose Fellowship Hall, dedicated Student Ministry Center, and recently-opened Children’s Ministry Center.
Additional information about our Morningside family of faith may be discovered by visiting www.morningsidebaptist.com.
Applicants should send a Letter of Interest and recent Resume which includes a minimum of 3 professional references, including one supervisor, plus reference contact information, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Pastor Search Committee, Morningside Baptist Church, 6065 Morningside Drive, Columbus, GA 31909.
Resumes will be accepted through September 3, 2018.
All information submitted will be kept in strictest confidence.
Morningside Baptist Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor is accountable to God and to the Congregation of Morningside Baptist Church with oversight from the Elders
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the spiritual growth and leadership of Morningside Baptist Church while being committed to growing the Kingdom of God
Seminary or Equivalent Degree required. Must be ordained.
- Gives himself to the ministry of the Word
- Teaches that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God
- Mentors (and trains) ordained staff members
- Provides training of newly elected Elders and Deacons
- Facilitates the New Members Class
- Preaches at the regular worship services of the Church. Is in charge of the pulpit and directs every phase of the worship and preaching services while faithfully preaching the Gospel with emphasis upon personal evangelism and soul winning.
- From time to time, invites into the pulpit those guest speakers that put forth Christian ideals.
Shepherds the Flock
- Examines all candidates for baptism and ensures that the Church provides for an orientation for all new Christians and new Church members
- Leads in the observance of the Church Ordinances
- Counsels with members of the Church as requested
- Routinely conducts visits with Church members, who are homebound and patients of hospitals and other health care facilities
- Conducts funeral services and wedding ceremonies, as he is able, while appropriately sharing these responsibilities with fellow ordained staff members
- Lives his life following Christian principles both in the pulpit and in his daily life
- As the Lead Elder, moderates all Church Conference sessions for transacting business, except those that deal directly with the office of Senior Pastor.
- Provides long range planning of church
- Provides and communicates a clear vision for the church
- Engages in the strategic planning for each fiscal year to include ministry programming and the budget process
- Facilitates regular administrative and routine staff meetings including ordained staff members and support personnel.
- Abides by the Church Constitution and Bylaws and by the policies established by the Church Conference.
- Serves as an ex officio member of all standing committees and the Deacon body.
- Counsels with prospective nominees for Elder and Deacon
- Represents Morningside Baptist Church at association functions and community affairs
- Serves with the Church Personnel Committee in the selection of all staff members and in defining their respective roles
- Conducts annual performance evaluations on all members of the ordained staff and the Business Administrator
- Seeks assistance of the Church Personnel Committee in the resolution of staff related issues