At Morningside, our mission is to know Jesus Christ and to make Him known.
Core values at Morningside:
1. Obedience to the Bible - Our authority is the Bible.
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. II Timothy 3:16
2. Lordship of Christ - Our Lord is Jesus Christ.
- Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth, an every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11
- And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18
3. Praying for all things - Our power is in prayer.
- "It is written"; he said to them, "My house will be called a house of prayer..." Matthew 21:13
4. Accepting all People - Our desire is to be relevant.
- Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. I Corinthians 9:19-23
5. Witnessing to the Lost - Our commitment is to share the Good News.
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8
6. Ministering to All People - Our heart is meeting needs.
- All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Acts 2:44-45
7. Growing Spiritually - Our desire is to make disciples.
- They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42